LMU and Westchester Playa Village to Offer Free Senior Fitness and Mobility Assessments
Westchester Playa Village, together with Loyola Marymount University Department of Health and Human Sciences will be offering free senior fitness and mobility assessments, followed by a series of fall risk reduction exercise sessions. The series will Kick-Off on Thursday, February 27, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon, at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 6323 W. 80th St., Westchester 90045.
In 2010, there were 2.3 million non-fatal falls that brought adults over the age of 65 into emergency rooms all over the United States. As we get older, our body's ability to heal from a fall decreases, so it is important to know how best to prevent falls. Knowing the extent of your mobility, balance, flexibility and strength is important. Learn what you can do at any age to improve your health and fitness, and lower your risk of falling.
Additional dates for the program are:
- March 13 Fitness Assessments
- March 20 Mobility Assessments
- March 27 Fall Risk Reduction Exercise Session
- April 3 Fall Risk Reduction Exercise Session
- April 8 Fall Risk Reduction Exercise Session
- April 24 Fall Risk Reduction Exercise Session
- May 1 Fall Risk Reduction Exercise Session and Wrap-Up
To sign-up and/or get more information, please contact Westchester Playa Village at (310) 695-7033.